Thursday, December 4, 2014

Homemade Light Box

When I saw this blog post about making a light box at home with few materials, I knew immediately that I wanted to try it.  I decided to incorporate it into our Letter F week (which will be posted in a few days), so I gathered a few materials and hoped it would work.  I grabbed a few strands of Christmas lights (white is ideal, but I only had blue) and put them inside a large, flat storage box and put the lid on.  That lovely, blue glow lit up the dark room!  I gathered my manipulatives and brought the boys in to play.  I found these Ezy Dose Stackable Pill Reminder boxes at our local grocery store a few weeks ago, on sale for $3-4, and picked them up for some future color-sorting activity.  And when I finally decided to try a homemade light box, I ordered these Transparent Colored Counting Chips on Amazon.  Then I realized...I could use the counting chips AND the clear pill boxes together with the light box!  Most of the colors matched up really well, and we had a great time sorting all the chips.



And the counting chips stored away perfectly into the boxes (which screw together).


No comments:

Post a Comment