My mother-in-law, Laurie, is a great cook. And her variety of bread accomplishments was very intimidating to this girl who came from a bread-cursed house. Thankfully, though, through encouragement and lots of practice, I finally broke that curse and was able to make bread all on my own! And even without the bread machine.
One of her secrets to delicious rolls is that she uses the bread part of a cinnamon roll recipe. So it's slightly sweet, very soft, and oh so delicious. When I acquired my bread machine and was trying out different recipes online, she helped me to convert hers to one that is bread-machine friendly. We had to tweak it a bit, but eventually the perfect little loaf came out! I don't make this often, maybe once or twice a month, but when I do it is devoured quickly.
Laurie's White Bread
Ingredients:
1 cup warm water1.5 tsp salt
4 tbsp softened butter (not melted)
2 eggs
1/3 cup sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour (or bread flour)
1.5 tsp yeast
Instructions:
1. Put ingredients into bread machine in the order listed.
2. Choose the "Basic" setting on "Light Crust" and press start!



No comments:
Post a Comment